Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Let there be light

I have been placing the lights on the top deck of the layout and I am very happy with the result, for the price of two normal fluro lights I have been able to light about six meters of deck space.
With the light mounts put together I added the CF bulbs and used clamps to hold them in place to work out     the final positions.
For the price of two normal batten fluros I have managed to light about six meters of layout.


Just need to tidy up a bit.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

More Benchwork

I have cut out some mounts for the lights from excess 12mm plywood and put them in a clamp to paint  all the edges  in one go.
With a bit of effort I managed to bend the 6mm MDF and screwed a block of wood to the deck to maintain the shape while the glue dried.

Test fitting the panels for the bottom level before painting them.

All the panels are glued and joints sanded, I am now painting the 3mm MDF panels (on the table)  for the roof of the top level, I will fir the lights before I fix down the ceiling.