Sunday, December 13, 2015

Leaving The Helix Behind

After relaying the Helix it is good to be working on the visible part of the layout again, at the moment I am placing the foam board for the scenery on the lower deck and plan to lay the track as well. 
There are two bridges on the lower deck and I will use temporary track to fill the gaps and get back to them later. I want to do this so I can get some trains running and get the wiring and fascia done and clean up the construction of the layout.
The first bridge will have three spans made from the excellent Kato single track truss bridges that I have acquired over the years the second will be a Micro Engineering steel viaduct bridge kit a bit over a meter long.




Working out the track placement for the rock plant.


Working out the track arrangement for the crossing loop on the lower level.




No comments: